Monday, August 14, 2006

An Angry State

Charleston is not the happiest place to live according to a national magazine.

Men's health ranked the 100 most angry cities in the country-- the Capitol city is on the list. Charleston takes 46th place.

The September issue based their anger-meter on the percentage of men with high blood pressure, FBI rates of aggravated assaults, Bureau of Labor statistics on workplace deaths from assaults as well as traffic congestion and speeding tickets.

I've thought a lot about anger recently and I ahve concluded that not only is Charleston an angry place, West Virginia is an angry state.

People drive like demons because of anger, I beleive. They die on four-wheelers because they are angry. They fight in the streets and on rural roads because they are angry. They are generally mean drunks because they are angry.

My theory is they are angry primarily because of enormous frustration in this state. I can offer no other reason.

Anyone else believe West Virginia is angrier than the average state? If so, why?

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger G Kenton said...

I think anger and anxiety are components of depression, and for many reasons, West Virginians are more depressed than the norm. I would love to see someone do some statistical analysis on the subject.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home