Monday, July 31, 2006

Mad Dog

If you have a few minutes or a few hours, I recommend you spend some time with Bob "Mad Dog" Rogers and his wife Claire.

I wrote about Bob, a native of St. Albans, and his adventures with his wife as they ride their tandem bicycle all over the world in my Daily Mail Column. They have recorded their adventures on their Web site.

The most amazing trip they took was in 2005 when they traversed the Silk Road from Beijing to Insanbul, most of it on their two-wheeler. They stories they tell and the pictures they took are amazing.

Bob is as complex as the places he has been and the people he has met. He has a lover's quarrel with his home state and I can understand that. So do I. He decided to take a different approach to life than I, however.

He has been trekking for 20 years. I have lived in the same house for 57 years.

But we are friends.

Go figure.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Bob Rogers said...

Grrrrr! Mad Dog is watching.

My quarrel with WV is born of love as well as frustration; like an older sister's dissappointment when a younger sister turns to prostitution (what else is mountaintop removal) and fails to uncover the self-esteem she warrants.

Love you Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home