Sunday, April 23, 2006

Just another intermittant stream.....

There's a special place along the New River, just before you get to Anstead, where a mountain stream tumbles fromk the mountain into the river. In the summer, the falls are nearly dry, but in this wet month of April, it roars and tumbles. This is the way it appeared today as my wife and I drove Old U.S. 60 to see spring in all its splendor.

Because it dries up in the summer, I suppose you could call it an intermittant stream. That means the strippers could destroy it if they found coal on the mountain above it.

May that never happen. This picture is imprinted forever on my memory if it does. And it's why I love West Virginia.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home