Thursday, August 24, 2006

And no one even said "whoops!"

Jessica Lynch is pregnant.

An AP story says it's so. They're congratulating her on TeeVee. After all, she was wounded badly in Iraq. Who knew she could ever get pregnant? From the words of Jessica in the report, it sounds as if she is as surprised as anyone.

I wonder if her boyfriend is surprised?

Yes, I said boyfriend. Jessica is not married and the story doesn't indicate she and her boyfriend, a factory worker from Vienna, W. Va., will ever get married.

I'm happy for her. I'm happy she believes she has found someone she loves and who loves her. Of course, the chances of this relationship continuing till death they do part is about 50 percent, or maybe less. Sorry. Those are the stats.

If Jessica and her boyfriend are surprised, what surprises me is the turnaound we have made in this country and this state about conceiving children out of wedlock.

Hell, when I was a kid, I never knew which of my young female relatives got pregnant, even if they were married. And if they weren't, they'd disappear for a few months, then return, sometimes with a baby and sometimes without. But the mention of a child conceived out of wedlock? It never happened. In fact, I was led to believe that conceiving bastard children was not the only sin. Talking about it was another sin.

The fact things have changed so much in such a short time gives me hope that we will soon get over our fear of same sex marriages. It will happen, I believe, as will the elmination of other silly taboos.

Meanwhile, all I can say is that I hope both Jessica and her boyfriend had earth-shattering, hit-me-with-your-best-shot simultaneous orgasms at the moment of conception. And a thousand more in the future.

Good luck, Guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home