Sunday, May 08, 2005

What's Wrong WIth His Hair?

So I watched Decision Makers TWICE today on the local West Virginia Media Holdings station. It was Don Blankenship of Massey Energy (based in Richmond, Va., may I add) versus Vivian Stockman of The Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition.

Carey, always the optimist, said he brought them together to see if there was any common ground between the two on mountaintop removal mining. There isn't!I could have told him that.

On the 8:30 a.m. statewide news show that followed the 8 a.m. broadcast of "Decision Makers," Blankenship was given the opportunity to get in the last word. He basically called Stockman a liar. Stockman, meanwhile, said in an e-mail to me that she was not given the same opportunity to have a final say following the interview. Wonder why? In any event, she indicated she would pitch a bitch to Carey this week.

So does anyone now if Blankenship wears a toupe? Or maybe he's a v victim of a hair transplant gone wrong? Or maybe his locks are a victim of a coal slurry accident. Surely he doesn't mean for his hair to look like that.

Stockman remarked how serene Blankenship seemed to be. She wondered why. And so did I.

Not only wasn't there much light coming from the program. There wasn't even much heat.

In a future show, the ever-hopeful Carey will invite God and Satan to see if there is any common ground on which to build a glorious future.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Gun Trash said...

Dave Peyton! All right, dude! I just stumbled onto your blog.

Hey, thanks for saving me a little bit of money for the past few years. How so? You're the reason I let my subscription to the Herald Dispatch expire. And strange but true, I just recently found out that my brother who lives over in B-ville let his expire also, for the exact same reason - neither one of us could stand the leftist idiocy you wrote.

And you're still up to it! You're a nut, Dave, a real nut. But, a well meaning one, I suppose. So when I say all the best to you, I'm sincere about it. But geez, you're a nut!

Cheers!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger oncee said...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link in your blogroll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home