Saturday, November 05, 2005

"Shut up, you idiot."

When I hear the words in the title of this blog used against me, I know I have won.

And I hear them more and more these days from neo-cons.

And frankly, I never thought I'd hear them. Why? Because they are words used by desperate people. Heck, their not even inflammatory. They are simply words used by people who have come to the end of the ropes and have thrown all thoghts of logic out the window.

An old college progressor of mine said we don't need to use these pull-the-trigger words. They are a clear indication that the sayer of the words is near defeat.

"For example," he said "don't call someone a son of a bitch. Tell him that you hope that when he goes home that night, his mother will come out from under the porch and bite him on the leg."

People who oppose the war in Iraq are idiots and they should shut up, some tell us. Right. Let me pencil that in on my daybook. I'll do it day after tomorrow. Maybe. Or maybe not.

The problem is that the solution - getting out of Iraq - won't come quickly. We have been on our way out of Iraq for six months but unfortunately it may take until 2008 to do what has to be done.

What scares me is that every violent movement begins with words of anger spoken in desperation.

It's too easy for words to become fists and guns. That may happen yet. And if it does, resonable people who oppose this noxious war will do what they have to do to protect themselves and/or their honor.

Remember, neo-cons. We are't wimps. We just want peace. We just aren't as desperate as you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home