Saturday, October 22, 2005

All West Virginia Democrats are liberals....

...and all West Virginia Republicans are moral conservatives. Right?

Well how do you explain this?

I am extremely happy to report that I got out of the political party madness in 1969 and never went back. I am a proud independent and that doesn't mean I associate myself with an Independent Party, if there is one.

Joe Manchin is the titular head of the West Virignia Democrat Party but anyoe who beleives he is a liberal or espouses the principles of the party is living a dream - or perhaps a nightmare.

Manchin reminds me a little of Arch Moroe in his younger days. Arch believed he was bigger than any party and above the law.

Manchin has yet to show that latter attribute. But it's still early. He has threemore years in this term and perhaps a second term.

Meanwhile, it might behoove Republicans to stop branding West Virginia Democrats as liberals. A few of them might be, but most aren't. Most of them are whatever they think will get them re-elected.

I won't suggest Republicans stop labeling themselves as the good guys, though. That would be asking entirely too much, don't you think?

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger stacey abshire said...

Holywriter could be right, though I am still hesitant to say for sure. But democrats in WV are far from liberal. I mean, has anyone checked to see who WV voted for in the last two elections and compare that with the democrat vs republican registrations in WV? If WV democrats were liberal, it would have been a landslide for the Democrats in WV the past two elections. Nothing of the sort. Most folks on both parties in WV are middle of the road, with a few social issues being the deciding factor on each side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home