Friday, July 15, 2005

The high sheriff of Clay County

I'm still perplexed by the Clay County sheriff. Consider this from the story about a Clay County Commission hearing on posting the Ten Commandments.

Sheriff Randy Holcomb received a standing ovation when he told the audience that man-made laws are secondary to God's laws, indicating he will not follow constitutional rulings - "I don't have to go by man-made law."


I hate to be such so picky, but I suspect the high sheriff took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of West Virginia. Now he tells us he doesn't "have to go by man-made law. "

Pardon me, but isn't that a violation of his oath of office? And if so, should he not be removed, no matter how many people stand and applaud his statement?








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home